Location: Smyrna, TN
Salary: $26 - $32
Our client is the largest avionics service center in the MidSouth, is an award-winning FAA Authorized Repair Station that sells, installs, maintains and repairs avionics
systems for business jets, turboprops and piston engine airplanes of all ages. They offer a complete product line-up authorized by every major brand.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dedicated team committed to the highest quality workmanship, integrity and customer satisfaction, and to join an established company with
renewed vigor and growth under new ownership.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Our client has an immediate need for an Avionics Service Technician. The Avionics Service Technician Lead, under minimal supervision, tests, troubleshoots and repairs
avionics equipment and electrical components. This includes troubleshooting of installations and systems and complete functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In this role, the Avionics Service Lead performs basic task such as using hand tools, soldering, wiring repair, and use of test equipment. This role reports to the Avionics Service Manager.
This Avionics Service Lead will be experienced enough to work not only alone in a productive, self-driven way, but also act as part of a team with one or two other team members to help others develop and perfect their avionics service skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair avionics equipment and accessories, in aircraft and on the bench.
- Identify and correct electronics failures in various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials.
- Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and manufacturers in a timely, effective way.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Assure repairs are done in accordance with procedures described in the company’s FAA Repair Station Manuals well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution – to maximize quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety, and honesty.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.