Northern Air Cargo •
Conducts operational testing and troubleshooting of aircraft electrical and avionics systems and component parts installed in aircraft. Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modified electronic components, parts, equipment and systems by performing the following duties.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Locates and disassembles electrical parts and assemblies to facilitate testing.
- Attaches fittings, clamps, lines, and hoses to test equipment, pressure or vacuum test cart, and equipment to system components to be tested.
- Communicates with other workers during system checkout with radio headset or other communication device.
- Interprets and analyzes test results to diagnose malfunctions.
- Adjusts, replaces, or repairs defective components, or documents rework to be completed by others.
- Records operational test and rework information.
- Fabricates test aids as required.
- Checks accuracy (calibration) of navigation equipment.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Regular attendance is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of approved avionics school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Job Ident #: