Precision Air Inc. •
Precision Air Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and energetic teammate to fill the role of General Avionics Technician. The Candidate must be a self-starter ready to support aircraft maintenance and modification projects, as well as avionics back shop repair activities. The successful candidate will have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs installation and troubleshooting of various aircraft electrical /avionics systems to include control, power, video, RF cables and electrical harnesses on aircraft
- Performs aircraft electrical/ avionics system testing to include continuity, power and operational checks using various types of test equipment both on the aircraft and on back shop test benches
- Performs two-year IFR 91.411 and 91.413 checks
- Use basic hand tools and avionics specialty tools to accomplish aircraft electrical /avionics systems troubleshooting and repair
- Performs flight line support
- Read, interpret, and support development of electrical fabrication and installation drawings.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers and material suppliers
- Record keeping
- 4 years’ experience in commercial aviation electrical and avionics work desired.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must be a high school graduate
- Two-year technical school training, AS degree, preferred
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License (PG) desired
- Driver’s license
- Normal/corrected sight to 20/20
- Normal color vision
- Knowledgeable in interpreting electrical schematics
- Knowledgeable on use of pitot/static, com, nav, transponder, TCAS test equipment
- Able to use basic hand tools and avionics specialty tools
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
A competitive package of salary and benefits is available to the selected candidate. The candidate will be expected to compete for promotional opportunities and to embrace challenging maintenance and modification activities for business category aircraft that are used in traditional commercial operations and those involved in government related special missions.
This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions based on race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veteran’s status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job-related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws. Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference may be given qualified to the Corporation’s Shareholders, including their spouses and descendants during the hiring process to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to the Corporation’s Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)