Hillsboro Aviation's Avionics and Aircraft Maintenance operations are expanding. Hillsboro Aviation is now accepting applications for an Avionics Technician experienced with avionics installations and trouble-shooting on airplanes and helicopters. This is a key position in a growing, dynamic aviation company based in the Portland, OR area.
* Installation of new avionics equipment in Part 23 airplanes and Part 27 helicopters
* Troubleshooting and repair of installed avionics systems in customers owned aircraft
* Maintaining avionics systems in Hillsboro Aviation owned airplanes and helicopters
* Maintaining the avionics shop in a clean and organized manner
* Be a problem solver and constructively offer new ideas
* Adhering to FAA Part 145 Repair Station practices
* Be able to effectively communicate with other employees, and customers
* Present a positive professional attitude and appearance
* Constant variation in dealing with new technology avionics as well as legacy equipment Qualifications/Licenses:
* FCC - General Radio Telephone Operators License
* NCATT - Aircraft Electronics Technician Certification (recommended)
* Graduate from an Aviation Electronics training school or program Required Skills/Experience:
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience with avionics installations and repair of avionics systems in general aviation aircraft
* Experience with avionics system in single and multi-engine airplanes, and helicopters
* Experience with Garmin, Bendix-King, ARC, S-Tec, Avidyne, Sandel and Chelton Avionics systems
* Flexibility in work schedule
* Potential travel on short notice for limited duration Preferred Skills/Experience:
* FAA Repairman's Certificate or eligibility
* A & P License
* FAA Pilot's License
* Strong Computer Skills. Experienced with Microsoft Office and computer-aided drafting
About Hillsboro Aviation:
Founded in 1980, Hillsboro Aviation is known internationally as a leader in the general aviation industry for providing complete helicopter and airplane services including contract and charter, aircraft sales and management, service center, FBO, and parts sales to domestic and international markets. Hillsboro Aviation has flown over 1.2 million hours in its 37-year history and supported a variety of missions including aerial firefighting, sightseeing and construction, search and rescue, TV news, aerial survey, and seismic operations. The company is the only US sales agent for Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and represents over 56 of the industry’s leading manufacturers, suppliers and vendors. The company is headquartered at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO). Learn more at hillsboroaviation.com.
For more information about this position please log onto http://www.hillsboroaviation.com/jobs to fill out an application today. Please note that only applications that have been submitted through our website will be considered.
Hillsboro Aviation is an EEO M/F.
This job will remain open until filled. Please do not call regarding the status of your application.