At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse Aviation Professionals always have a multitude of career choices. Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Avionics Technician to work in our FAA Part 145 Repair station located in Manassas, VA. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners.
The Avionics Technician will be responsible for performing work in all aspects of a Part 145 Avionics Shop, including but not limited to fabrication and installation of wiring harnesses, integration of avionics systems to include, NAV, COMM and special mission equipment. Line service trouble shooting of avionics systems. The avionics technician will work with common off the shelf avionics systems and parts as well as custom and Government delivered specialized systems.
- Performance of line service
- Avionics and Sensor system installations
- Troubleshooting and repair work for Avionics
- Fabricate wiring harnesses, terminate wire bundles, install pins, connectors, etc.
- Will conduct maintenance on a wide variety of aircraft types ranging from fixed wing piston to turbo prop and executive jet to rotor wing
- Will be expected to be able to work independently using drawings and guidance from engineers and install systems in accordance with engineering information provided using standard practices and procedures