Responsible for assembling electrical equipment and providing avionics installation, testing, and troubleshooting support for aircraft. Reads and interprets blueprints, instructions, assembles parts and tools, and fits electronic components together.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
· Performs all duties required to lay out, fabricate and install electrical wiring or coaxial cable on aircraft.
· Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal and re-installation of wiring as necessary.
· Cuts wires to length, strips insulation from wire ends and insulates connections with plastic sleeves.
· Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as transformers, instrument panels and switchboards with fasteners such as bolts, screws or solder.
· May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
· Fabricate wire harnesses, installs, terminate, ring-out, and assist in functional test of avionics/electrical systems.
· Ensures completion of tasks within allotted time frame
· Coordinates with and assists other departments to ensure on-time delivery of aircraft.
· Installs/modifies/fabricates wirings and electrical components, fixtures and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, and engineering drawings.
· Checks all work, including other team members, to ensure a defect free assembly prior to final inspection.