C-130J Avionics Technician
Lockheed Martin •
Description:Position is in Iraq; C-130J Avionics specialist; this position is for a highly motivated person to be responsible for performing daily organizational level maintenance in accordance with Iraq’s owned USAF/LM technical data and directives; render technical assistance to Iraqi personnel in the assembly, operation, service repair and modification of the C-130; investigate, provide advice, and report on the disposition of difficulties arising in the IqAF operation of aircraft equipment in service; conduct informal On-the-Job Training (OJT) to Iraqi Air Force technicians in the repair, replacement and service of C-130 Avionics systems and in the performance of preventive maintenance. Reads and interprets technical data. Uses test equipment such as oscilloscopes, analyzers, and multi-meter’s and acts as a source of information to the IqAF within individual areas of expertise. Maintain a good working relationship with IqAF customer personnel and be aware of and respect cultural differences at the host location. As a member of this maintenance team, you will be able to pass along your knowledge and expertise, which will be instrumental to the IqAF’s ability to become a self-sufficient Air Force.
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years Avionics systems experience on heavy airlift aircraft such as C-130 variance
- A minimum of 2 years of C-130J avionics experience
- Must have held a Air Force 7-Level in Avionics system or equivalent i.e.. Navy Collateral, Duty, Quality, Assurance Repetitive (CDQAR)
- Must have a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft component troubleshooting and/or repair procedures and replacement of components, and a thorough knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Four or more years on C-130J
- C-130J DTADS/PMA operations knowledge and experience
- Seven (7) years of relevant training experience in military systems
- Experience in FMS environment
- Experience working in a Security Level 5 country such as Iraq and/or Afghanistan
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)