General Avionics Technician
Precision Air Inc. •
Precision Air Inc. is seeking highly motivated and energetic teammates to fill the role of General Avionics Technician. The Candidate must be a self-starter ready to support aircraft maintenance and modification projects as well as avionics back shop repair activities. The successful candidate will have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs installation and troubleshooting of various aircraft electrical /avionics systems to include control, power, video, RF cables and electrical harnesses on aircraft
- Performs aircraft electrical/ avionics system testing to include continuity, power and operational checks using various types of test equipment both on the aircraft and on back shop test benches
- Performs two-year IFR 91.411 and 91.413 checks
- Use basic hand tools and avionics specialty tools to accomplish aircraft electrical /avionics systems troubleshooting and repair
- Performs flight line support
- Read, interpret, and support development of electrical fabrication and installation drawings.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers and material suppliers
- Record keeping
Education & Qualifications:
- Two (2) to Four (4) years’ experience in commercial aviation electrical and avionics work desired.
A competitive package of salary and benefits is available to the selected candidate. The candidate will be expected to compete for promotional opportunities and to embrace challenging maintenance and modification activities for business category aircraft that are used in traditional commercial operations and those involved in government related special missions.
- Must be a high school graduate
- Two-year technical school training, AS degree, preferred
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License (PG) desired
- Driver’s license
- Normal/corrected sight to 20/20
- Normal color vision
- Knowledgeable in interpreting electrical schematics
- Knowledgeable on use of pitot/static, com, nav, transponder, TCAS test equipment
- Able to use basic hand tools and avionics specialty tools
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)