Interiors Mechanic/Technician Duluth
TechFlyte is a leading supplier of aeronautic professionals to premier aviation companies and is looking to hire top rate Interiors Mechanics in the Duluth, MN area! These are open-ended contract positions offering benefits, teamwork and a culture that is second to none, with total compensation starting at $22.00/hour and overtime opportunities available.
INTERIOR MECHANIC/TECHNICIAN HIGHLIGHTS:
- Total Compensation starting at $22.00/hour – paid weekly
- Location: Duluth, MN
- Duration: Open-ended with long term expectations
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits offered
- Cash Advances offered (Must be on job 3 days, $300/maximum)
INTERIOR MECHANIC/TECHNICIAN ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Removal, disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing and reinstalling aircraft cabin furnishings and equipment such as galleys, lavatories, seats, overhead compartments, panels, and carpeting as needed.
- Repair, adjustments, and installation of aircraft seats.
- Read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, service bulletins, aircraft manuals, catalogs and perform complex cabin re-configurations.
- Hold general knowledge of tools.
- Understand how to read a micrometer, depth gauge and dial calipers.
- Identify interior fasteners and determine grip lengths required and possess basic knowledge of installation methods.
- Clean corrosion and treat metal surfaces per the manufacturer’s instructions and specifications.
- Apply corrosion preventatives and know to which areas of the aircraft corrosion inhibiting liquids may not be applied.
- Accomplish simple sheet metal repairs or simple replacements of structural parts.
- Fabricate replacement covering, panels or fairings by using the removed parts as samples.
- Understand and practice basic sealing procedures of aircraft structures.
- Capable of identifying the locations of pressurized areas of the aircraft.
- Capable of opening and closing areas on the aircraft which are required to be opened for inspection.
- Ability to lead small groups as assigned by lead or supervisor, as well as, being proficient with all proceeding level attributes.
INTERIOR MECHANIC JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
INTERIOR MECHANIC/TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient working knowledge of proper use of safety equipment.
- Good working knowledge of use of drill motor, drill, rivet gun and set.
- Ability to work alone, as well as, lead small groups as assigned by lead or supervisor,
- as well as, being proficient with all proceeding level attributes.
- Knowledge of all applicable ATA codes and F.A.R.'s, company policies and procedures, proficient knowledge and interpretation of all paperwork procedures including job cards/ time cards, routine/ non-routine cards, S.R.M.'s, service bulletins, A.D.'s, E.O.'s, and work sign-off/sell-off procedures.
- Must have experience in MROs
- Must have worked at least 6 months in the last 2 years in aviation
- Must have own tools
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site
- Must be willing to submit to a drug screen, background check, and be in compliance with all FAA rules and regulations
- Commercial aircraft experience (Boeing and/or Airbus preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
TechFlyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC