Maintenance/Avionics Technician - West Palm Beach
Jet East Corporate Aviation •
Aircraft Maintenance/ Avionics Technicians are responsible for knowing, understanding, and accomplishing all required steps associated with compliance of the maintenance work scope assigned. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure all work is accomplished in accordance with Gama Aviation Engineering’s policies and procedures (RSQCM), manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, FAA, and EASA Regulations.
- Document maintenance discrepancies and take necessary actions to correct the items.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for all AC systems.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- Immediately notify the Lead Mechanic of any problem areas such as parts, materials, workmanship, or airworthiness issues.
- Provide the Lead Mechanic with a detailed report of work progression and open items to be included in the daily shift turnover log.
- Proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts and panels appropriately stored including racks by aircraft.
- Maintain work areas, buildings, and equipment which are utilized for aircraft maintenance in a safe, clean, and operative condition.
- Have sufficient and proper hand tools to perform maintenance duties.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Lead Mechanic.
- The Aircraft Mechanic, certified, may delegate duties to a qualified assistant; however, such delegation does not relieve the Aircraft Mechanic of overall responsibility.
- Available to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, and days off.
- Available to travel up to 25%.
- Five (5) years in the corporate aircraft maintenance field with heavy AOG experience
- Gulfstream, Bombardier, Falcon, Citation, Embraer, and Beechcraft experience
- At least five (5) years of experience of direct involvement with FAR 135 and/or 145 policies and procedures
- Engine Run and Taxi Certified
- Strong Avionics background
- Sheetmetal capabilities
- Working knowledge of FAA Regulations
- Good computer skills and ability to download and upload AC files, as required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe, and Corridor
- Ability to understand and interpret aircraft technical data
- Effective communication in English - oral and written
- Successfully work with others as part of a team in order to achieve established goals
- Travel, foreign and domestic, as needed
- Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate, minimum of five (5) years
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport without travel restrictions
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)