Job ID: 98977
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.
Senior Electrical Technician to provide hands-on support the building and testing of complex power control, conversion and distribution system hardware for Navy applications. This is a union represented position.
- Supports engineering with a variety of moderately complex engineering duties and/or hands-on tasks relating to the installation, maintenance, and repair of various types of electronic equipment.
- Assists in design, build and/or procurement of new or improved machines, tools, fixtures and material handling equipment as well as coordinating the implementation.
- Responsible for completing process documentation, bill of materials, route sheets, etc.
- Reviews project instructions and drawings to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem and possible solutions, and to support the design for manufacture.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified electrical and/or mechanical components or assemblies for products. Sets up and conducts tests of units and components.
- Analyzes test results related to the design and test objectives and adjusts equipment to bring within specifications.
- Records these test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods.
- Provides and develops documentation to maintain equipment.
- May provide work leadership and technical assistance to lower level technicians and/or with instructing customers on the operation and proper use of equipment.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Associates degree or equivalent technical training with 4+ years of directly related experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience); fluency in technologies.
- Mastery of the shop/laboratory and equipment.
- Receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions are only required on new assignments.
- May require some judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Ability to direct the technical efforts of a test team in the testing of major equipment, special products or field installation.
- Proficient personal computer skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- An understanding of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment
- Ability to troubleshoot complex UUTs and test fixtures using equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, and hydrostatic fixtures on motor controllers or power conversion equipment.
- Ability to install PWA software and work with engineering to troubleshoot the installation.
- Can assemble moderate complexity test fixtures such as Visual Dielectric and Installation resistance (VDI), Basic I/O patch panels, and PWA testing.
- Can perform cabinet level Point-to-point inspections.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently
- Ability to stand for up to 9 hours a day
- Walking, lifting, bending, stooping and kneeling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.