Quality Test Engineer (QTE) will act as the primary quality representative for test development for electronic components. Additionally, they will support test functional group nonconforming material report/material review board owners and drive the resolution of Nonconformance Reports (NCR). QTE will facilitate the development and validation of ATPs as needed to confirm the function of cables, electronic components, and electronic box assemblies. This is a hands-on role that interacts with assembly operators, quality inspectors, manufacturing, aviation, and engineering personnel to proactively ensure quality product that meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
• Reviews Technical Data Packages for test requirements and develops test strategies
• Provides Basis of Estimates for test implementation
• Develops and documents Acceptance Test Procedures and test apparatus
• Develops automated tests for DITMCO Wiring Analyzer
• Provide Electronics technical expertise to the assigned project, process, function within the company.
• Research, expand, automate, and implement new test capabilities
• Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by manufacturing and management personnel.
• Technical liaison to Customer Engineering and Management.
• Ensure that issues affecting product quality have effective corrective actions/plans in place that will result in resolution and/or risk mitigation plans that will maximize product quality
• Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials. Arrange for delivery, assembly or distribution of components and supplies to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules
• Nonconformance Reports (NCR) disposition, including:
Driving material review and resolution of NCRs,
Auditing MRB cages,
Escalation of sitting product, and
MRB status reporting.
• Utilize statistical process controls and data analysis to perform:
DMS trending for rework and holds.
NCR failure analysis; and
Scrap and Use-As-Is (UAI) summary reporting.
• Performing mechanical/electrical drawing interpretation and problem resolution.
• Serves as the primary point-of-contact for quality inspectors and planners.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives including:
Cross functional process development.
Improving quality control and assurance processes.
• Support Product Configuration Audits (PCA)
• Develop positive relationships with internal and external customers to ensure that productivity goals are consistently met and provide regular status.
• Analyzes reports and returned products to determine quality trends and recommends correction action.
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation
• Collaborates with engineering, integration, manufacturing and/or aviation functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
• Investigating non-conformances to determine root cause, corrective actions, and track effectiveness.
• Maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
• Develops work instructions in support of business needs.
• Provide expertise on the implementation and control of Special Processes, as defined in AS9100/AS9110 Quality Management Systems.
• Provide leadership and manage program centric quality teams including mentoring other quality engineers and quality inspectors.
• Provide technical expertise to company employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirement.
• Refer questionable conditions or recurring difficulties to supervision.
• Other duties as directed by Senior Managers and other quality leadership.
• Standard operating procedure review and improvement.
This position may require the ability to lead and/or supervise a small team of technicians to facilitate departmental goals.