Simulator Technician - Columbus, OH
FlightSafety International •
Simulator Technician I is responsible for maintaining and/or repairing flight training devices (FTDs) in accordance with Regulatory Authority requirements and company standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform standard Simulator support activities such as: installation, operation, inspection, periodic maintenance (align & adjust), of Simulator components and systems
- Perform Customer configuration changes to Simulators and FTDs, evaluate and confirm proper post change operation. This includes hardware, software, and avionics database change-outs
- Quickly identify, troubleshoot, repair or replace most of the Simulator and FTD electrical and sub system components and most hydraulic system components with little to no assistance.
- Monitor Simulator(s) performance and condition to ensure that equipment continues in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Accomplish scheduled portions of the Qualification Test Guide (QTG), check and mark test results as required, and participate in recertification procedures for the FAA.
- Must be familiar with all governing regulations required by the various approval authorities for the proper operation of all FTDs, the facility, and the safe employment of personnel.
- Initiate or assist users in the use of ePodium when creating a Simulator Discrepancy Report.
- Must be knowledgeable of all Simulator Support, Quality Operating Procedures (QOPs), and related documentation.
- Associate's degree in electronics or completion of a civilian/military electronics technical school.
- Two years’ experience in electronics technology, avionics or related civilian/military technology, or equivalent direct experience with simulators or other FTD’s.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of the advanced operating principles of simulator and FTD subsystems.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Use test equipment, support equipment and tools used on flight simulators, graphical flight simulators (GFSs) and associated electronics devices.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and communicate effectively.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)