At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. The facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The facility added 38,000 sq ft of hangar space in 2015, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft. And in 2018, the Wichita Service Center became home to one of two of Bombardier’s Mobile Response Team Maintenance Control Centers, working in conjunction with Bombardier’s Customer Response Center, which operates 24/7 to streamline customer requests and optimize maintenance support. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Aruba, Canada, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Mexico.
In your role, you will:
Install, modify, repair, and functional-test aircraft avionics, electrical, and electronic systems.
• Perform inspection, make adjustment and repair, replace components, and correct any malfunction or deficiency with and without power applied to the aircraft
• Perform maintenance on customer aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data and FAA/JAA regulations
• Access and re-install aircraft components, which obstruct the performance of assigned tasks
• Perform basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations
• Document work performed per Inspections Procedures Manual (IPM)
• Work on aircraft as well as in shops
• Perform other tasks, for example, cleaning aircraft using approved materials, methods, and equipment, load and secure ballast and/or freight as required
• Coordinate with technical representatives, lab, and other personnel in resolving systems or component problems
• Fabricate parts/wire harness and install per engineering specifications
• Assist with repairs on components detached from the aircraft, for example, flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudders, doors, and leading edges
• Assist with complex repairs at on-site and off-site locations
• Assist with engine removal and installation
• Assist in development of installations for engineering
• Assist with fueling/defueling aircraft as required
• Assist Aircraft Engine Technicians and Aviation Maintenance Technicians in troubleshooting and repairing aircraft
• Support production aircraft under Production Certificate System
• Assist Aviation Maintenance Technicians in the operation of ground support equipment (GSE), for example, tugs, jacks, nitrogen and oxygen servicing
• May perform Designated Inspector (DI) function as qualified by QA
• Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification