VC-25B Electrical Aircraft Mechanic (Senior)
The Boeing Company •
This is a unique opportunity to work in multiple factory locations on multiple Boeing Development Programs. Candidates hired to this position may be required to initially support an alternate site (domestic or internationally) while going through the security clearance process before ultimately relocating to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Perform complex connector terminations including shielded wires, coaxial cables, and fiber optic wiring.
- Understanding of routing instructions and handling of harnesses.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, wrapping, bonding, tying, and closure of wire harnesses and cables in accordance with standard processes.
- Demonstrate technical expert capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform electrical modification/repair.
- Use tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of electrical wiring.
- Adhere to government and company procedural guidance, performs assembly, installation, visual inspection of physical characteristics, modification of wire bundles & electrical assemblies, operational and quality checks of aircraft work.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft electrical and comm/nav-systems of moderate difficulty at the organizational or depot maintenance level.
- Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in assembly processes. Perform necessary assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
- Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check conformance to quality requirements.
- Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
- Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- Work with Engineering, Planning, research engineers, etc. to originate and develop new procedures, techniques and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support design and implementation of new products.
- Perform complex work where specific or general operation methods are available.
- Train and assist less senior employees.
- Perform all duties of lower Electrical classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
- Lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks
- Ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment.
Standard Relocation Package
Relocation assistance, if needed, has been authorized in accordance with this position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 7 years of experience in electrical aircraft maintenance
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software
- Capable of working variable shifts
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and typically (7) or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current US security clearance at the Secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal
- Experience with VIP, business jets, or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten years
- FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant
- Clearly state specific aircraft platform experience on your resume
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)