Prescott Support Company, Inc •
Responsible for exercising operational control in accordance with FAR 121/135 requirements for Prescott Support Company’s domestic and international operations. A key member of our flight operations team, member will be responsible for company compliance with all FAA regulations and policies as they are applicable to the flight dispatch of company aircraft. Responsible for pre-flight planning, issuance of flight releases, flight progress monitoring, and providing Prescott aircrew with the latest available flight information to ensure safe and economical flight operations. Applicants must be capable of and comfortable performing in a team-oriented, safety focused, and highly demanding environment requiring strong organizational, technical, and communications skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides dispatching services encompassing all aircraft and aircrew related support during charter operations. Coordinates with the Pilot-in-Command to determine the suitability of weather, airfield, and traffic conditions and is jointly responsible for the safe operation of each flight.
- Secures civil landing and commercial over-flight clearances for all domestic and international flight operations. Arranges diplomatic over-flight and landing clearances for charter flights as required.
- Responsible for arranging aircraft ground handling and fuel on-load / services and coordinates cargo on-load/off-load at departure, enroute, and recovery locations. Coordinates customs and immigration at enroute destinations. Files required General Declaration paperwork.
- Carefully reviews NOTAMs, weather, and all conditions effecting route of flight under the dispatcher’s control. Prepares the Aircraft Flight Release considering weather, required fuel loads, cargo/passenger payloads, aircraft airworthiness, and routing strategy for all aircraft under the Company’s operational control.
- Constantly monitors system wide weather and inputs data into Company flight Planning systems to maintain current flight status information. Retrieves hourly weather, winds aloft, and NOTAMS for all stations and alternates noting changes that may affect operation. Routes and re-routes aircraft and flight crews to maintain schedule integrity, and to accommodate maintenance requirements or crew legality.
- Participates in shift turnover and conveys critical information and/or changes that may impact flight operations including: current and forecast weather conditions, Air Traffic Control (ATC) delays, maintenance deferrals, or deteriorating airport conditions, inoperative NAVAIDS, ground support equipment, crew duty limitations, and potential contingency diversionary plans.
- Creates and maintains database entries (to include flight schedules, trip cost forecasts/projections, and training records in the Flight Operations System (FOS) for use by management and financial personnel.
- Launches and recovers multiple aircraft types from the Myrtle Beach facility to include marshaling of inbound/outbound aircraft.
- Will be qualified/trained to operate ground equipment assigned to the main operating base. Required to perform other duties as assigned.
Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess an active FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate with full authority to exercise operational control over company flights. Experience with Rockwell-Collins’ FOS software highly desired. A high degree of work accuracy required.
Work Environment is fast paced and dynamic requiring the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. You should be a self-directed team player, show initiative, and be able to make decisions on your own. Candidates must have good organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and handle stress well.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (college degree preferred). Minimum of three (3) years Domestic/International experience.
Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, nights or holidays and to be away from home for extended periods of time. Must be available to travel domestically and internationally without restrictions.
This is a Safety-Sensitive position. Post-conditional offer of employment drug test is required. Routine, random drug testing is required of all Prescott Support Company employees.
When applying, please put “Candidate – Aircraft Dispatcher” in the SUBJECT line of your email.
Job Ident #: