PSA Airlines •
Dispatchers are located in the Operational Control Center at the Corporate Offices at the Dayton International Airport. Our Operational Control Center is open from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m., 7 days a week. Dispatchers must be willing to work holidays, weekends and evenings.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Preparation of the Dispatch Release considering weather planning, fuel planning, aircraft airworthiness, and routing strategy for all aircraft under his/her operational control.
- Monitor the progress of, and issue the necessary information for, the safety of each flight under their operational control.
- Maintain flight and weather records in accordance with Federal Air regulations to include other data deemed necessary by the Company.
- Remain acutely aware of passenger loads and overall passenger service when flight planning, taking into consideration Federal Air Regulations and prudent safety practices.
- Coordination of Flight activities (routine and non-routine) with various agencies and Company personnel involved in the operation of a flight under his/her control.
- Provide adequate assistance to crews and outstations in planning and expediting each flight under his/her control and consistently monitor factors (i.e., weather, air traffic control, maintenance, etc.), which may affect the outcome of the flight.
- Respond to accidents/incidents by initiating notification and properly documenting all information.
- Assist the Dispatch Supervisor and Manager of Systems Control in maintaining the Flight Control Center with regard to equipment, procedures, and other operations and duties deemed necessary.
- FAA Aircraft Dispatcher license, airline (121 or 135) flight operations experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent FAA Dispatch License
- One year of previous Dispatch experience is preferred but not required.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and flight benefits on all American Airlines flights.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting, and criminal/verbal background checks.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #: