Dispatch Communication Specialist- Omaha, NE
Air Methods Corporation •
, Nebraska, United States
The Dispatch Communication Specialist is responsible to serve as a communications coordinator between all customers of Air Methods Communications (AirCom), including aircraft flight crews, pre-hospital health care providers and other qualified callers. We dispatch helicopters in a casual call center environment providing excellent customer service to our internal and external customers.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years dispatch experience or experience with medical terminology used by Emergency Medical Technician or CNA
- Ability to present a professional image on the telephone and radio
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail
- Advanced customer service and phone skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
- Ability to take and relay reports accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Intermediate with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Outlook
Pay: Dependent on experience. Salary increase for Active EMT-B or higher, dispatch, previous military experience, and others considered.
- NAACS (preferred), EMT-B (preferred), EMT-A (preferred), EMT-P (preferred), CNA (preferred), LMT (preferred), Pilot Certificate (preferred)
Shifts: 12 Hour shifts/overnight schedules and overtime available
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)