SkyWest Airlines •
Primary Job Duties
Dispatcher primary job duties include but not limited to:
- Must be highly knowledgeable of FARs, NTSB, HMR, and Company manuals
- Jointly responsible with the Pilot-in-Command for operational control on assigned flights
- Maintain situational awareness of weather, NOTAMs, instrument approach procedures, air traffic initiatives, and the current state of the national airspace system
- Plan, prepare, and issue dispatch and/or flight releases for all assigned flights.
- Continuously monitor the airworthiness status of all assigned Company aircraft
- Monitor the progress of all active flights, including weather, NOTAM, and air traffic issues for all airports listed on the release.
- Communicate necessary information for the safety of the flight to the PIC
- Cancel flights or amend releases if, in the opinion of the dispatcher or pilot-in-command, the flight cannot operate or continue to operate safely as planned and released
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must possess an Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must possess a current passport or be willing to apply for a passport at own expense
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate safety for self and others
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, shift work
- Successfully pass FAA background check and mandated pre-employment drug test
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to relocate to SkyWest Corporate Office in St. George, Utah
Physical and Other Requirements
- Sitting at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work 10-hour shifts. SkyWest OCC is a 24-hour operation.
- This position will be onsite and in person, including training
- This job posting will have an additional online knowledge assessment and video interview. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.
- The knowledge assessment and interview cover a wide range of topics. All applicants must:
- Be knowledgeable of dispatch related FARS
- Be proficient in reading and understanding written weather including, but not limited to, METARS, TAFS, and PIREPS
- Possess a solid understanding of NAVAIDs and instrument approach procedures
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)