We are committed to providing a stable, growth-oriented and inspiring work environment that offers opportunities for professional, personal and financial growth. If you are interested in joining a growing team, where YOU are our most valuable asset, then MAC is the place for you.
To serve as a Flight Follower in the Operations Control Center (OCC) to ensure the OCC serves its primary mission of managing the airlines operations to the highest degree of safety and efficiency. This includes the responsibility of driving Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Irregular Operations (IROPS) and ensuring that the best service is provided to the customer by effectively planning and communicating.
- To plan, release and monitor flights in accordance with applicable Federal Regulations and Mountain Air Cargo, Inc. (MAC) policies and procedures
- Monitors the status of all company flights from the pre-flight planning, then from the time of departure until the completion of the flight
- Work in a Team Environment with a Positive Attitude
- Collects and disseminates weather and aeronautical information to Flight Crews
- Ensures all ground handling, deicing, fuel, landing/departure slots, and landing/overfly permits are in order prior to releasing a flight
- Identifies, anticipates, and takes corrective action to minimize actual/potential delays due to weather, scheduling, operations, crew legality, maintenance issues or any other operational disruption
- Advises appropriate personnel of potential/actual delays and conditions affecting safety of flight
- Coordinates with Maintenance Control to ensure aircraft status will permit the intended operation to be conducted safely and in accordance with applicable ATC, government regulations, and international policies
- Ensures that MEL/CDL limitations or restrictions are evaluated and complied with
- Determines airport suitability/risk assessment
- Maintains a shift log for recording key data for all assigned flights and missions
- Complies with all applicable federal/state health and safety regulations
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- High-school diploma or GED required
- Previous Part 121 airline operations experience preferred
- Valid FAA Part 121 Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate
- Ability to pass a 10 year criminal history and background check
- Able to pass a DOT Drug Screen and be enrolled in the company Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Time management skills, organization, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Remain current and qualified as a Flight Follower
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Work typically performed in an office environment. However, due to work requirements, may require frequent travel which will involve exposure to noise, chemicals, adverse temperatures and other similar hazards.
Mountain Air Cargo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.