Responsible for the pre-flight planning, release, and flight following of assigned flights with emphasis on safety, efficiency, and economics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be highly knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Operations Specifications, and Company Policies & Procedures as they apply to Flight Dispatch.
- Provide operational information to flight crews regarding ATC facilities, airfield requirements, meteorological conditions, aircraft performance and limitations data, fuel tinkering and fuel economic measures, and ground handling information.
- Evaluate weather conditions and trends for origin, destination, alternate, and en-route airports as it relates to a particular flight.
- Monitor en-route progress of flights and advising the flight crew of any changes that differ from the flight release.
- Coordinate pertinent information as it relates to IROPs to the SOC Duty Manager regarding delays, reroutes, diversions, change of equipment, emergencies and cancellations.
- Maintain open communication with other departments.Exercise Operational Control as authorized by the Director of Operations.
- Evaluates airports for suitability including station facilities.