RS Dispatcher II - Dallas
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Position Type: Contractor
Working in a Hangar setting and closely with Planning. Purchasing and Quality teams you will be in a key role to support acquisition and delivery of Parts to support our Manufacturing teams. This position has a clear career path with us. Apply today to be a part of creating and delivering the world's finest aviation experience.
Under moderate supervision, responsible for a variety of activities within the dispatching functions in support of manufacturing. Responsible for multiple dispatching and material functions; track status of materials that feeds manufacturing; identify shortages, request replacements and track status of kits. Maintain accuracy of reports and data entry.
- Release, interpret and track status of route cards, material request forms, or MES to ensure accurate movement of materials.
- Ensure proper request is placed for replacement material such as scrap, DMT, or miscellaneous issues.
- Maintain hardware areas to include identifying shortages.
- Responsible for tracking kits and/or parts requested by departments to the schedule. Maintain kits per log; ensure request is placed within time limits.
- Process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate inventory system for picking of material and expedite to using department.
- Provide customer support to mechanics within assigned departments and cover other departments as needed.
- Monitor/Work PCOs (Production Change Orders) or Engineering notification to expedite changes to the manufacturing build schedule.
- Perform all Point of Use processes to include requesting, Q stamp inspection and delivery of material to using department per manufacturing schedule.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing processes and capable of completing Lean training.
- Responsible for assigned equipment.
- Work with others as a team on dispatching functions.
- Complies with all company safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of related expediting and/or material handling experience.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- On feet most of shift and must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to operate company vehicles, forklift and/or gas/electric carts as required.
- May be required. to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required. by production schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working in an automated system.
- Note: Employees hired in the Savannah Manufacturing Materials organization will be required. to obtain a Q stamp and complete math and reading assessment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in materials coordination.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)