Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 10 years in specific technical discipline or 15 years broad Eng. experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 years for Masters and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
The Aircraft Performance group is responsible for all aspects of aircraft performance for the current fleet and new product development.
Other skills needed:
- Thorough understanding of fixed wing aerodynamics, propulsion, and performance.
- Solid understanding of airplane flight characteristics, first-principles analyses, and performance methods.
- Experience with transport category airplane certification projects (Part 25) required.
- Experience as FAA Flight Analyst DER/AR desired.
- Fortran and MATLAB experience highly desired.
- UNIX/Linux experience a plus.
Other responsibilities include:
- Use computer-based tools to analyze airplane performance in specific phases of flight including takeoff, climb, descent, approach, and landing, as well as overall mission analysis.
- Analyze flight test data in support of airplane performance database development.
- Prepare performance data for airplane flight manuals, operations manuals, and avionics software.
- Coordinate with aviation authorities (FAA, EASA, others) regarding compliance with performance regulations.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to younger engineers.
- Respond to inquiries from customers/operators relating to published performance data.
- Support new product development programs and fleet sustaining issues.
- Prepare performance data for new models, and derivatives of current models.
- Maintain current legacy computer analysis programs, and support development of modified and new software tools and methods.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline