STS Technical Services is hiring CMM Inspectors in St. Cloud, Minnesota!
- Execute detailed inspection control plans and part/assembly layouts utilizing GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) to assure parts meet design specifications. Measure parts using hand gauges (micrometers, calipers, height stands, protractors, etc). Based upon measurement results, prepare detailed layout reports that will provide engineering, supplier, assembly, and fabrications shops the data required to make the necessary process adjustments.
- Responsible for programming simple, complex, prismatic, and non-prismatic parts into Coordinate Measuring Machines and Faro Type Inspection equipment.
- Performs advanced inspection and analysis of results with regards to fabricated, assembled parts and weldments using a wide range of gauges tools and equipment. Capable of determining inspection set-up of complicated parts.
- Use 3D inspection software, Microsoft Excel, and other general computer software.
- Provides statistical and graphical analysis of data.
- Plans and performs work accurately and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Must be capable of participating on a project team as needed.
- Maintains appropriate documentation to meet company QMS requirements.
- Perform to an established methods and standards; meeting or exceeding the departments quality and productivity goals. Job performance will be strongly measured in these areas. Individual is responsible for initiation of communication to Quality Engineer / Manager in these areas as well as when quality results are below standards or management expectations.
- Performs other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by Team Leader, Quality Engineer or Manager.
CMM Inspector Job Requirements:
- Associate or Technical Degree or engineering support experience in automotive or golf car industry preferred.
- Must be an accomplished CMM/FARO Arm programmer with 2-3 years of programming experience (simple, complex, prismatic and non-prismatic parts).
- Knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and blueprint reading is preferred.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.