Manage with light oversight assigned engineering/certification projects associated with preparing data packages for aircraft supplemental type certificates (STC). Review, identify and advise on certification issues associated with assigned projects to include proper compliance with stated procedures and regulations. Work as a team to ensure aircraft delivery schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop Project Certification Plans and Compliance Listings for aircraft STC projects.
2. Support the Certification Team and/or the Manager of Certification in submitting STC data packages to the FAA and international authorities.
3. Comply with regulatory procedures in preparation and submission of STC data packages.
4. Act as a liaison to the FAA/EASA regarding STC submission and approvals.
5. Partner with Engineers, DER’s, ODA, or DOA as required in advance of preparing the STC data package to ensure the work is completed correctly from the start and to identify/prevent potential problems before they develop.
6. Assist in the resolution of any certification issues.
7. Remain knowledgeable in all applicable FAA/EASA regulations and processes.
8. Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities.
9. Support the Manager of Certification with other projects.
10. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion requirements.
11. Performs other duties as assigned in a cross-functional team environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable; Aerospace Engineering or Aviation Management, Preferred.
2. 3+ years’ experience working with the preparation, approval and submittal of certification and/or STC data packages in the aircraft industry working with business or private aircraft or equivalent.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
4. Possess (or will obtain) and maintain a valid US Passport. Must be willing to travel as needed when requested (less than 10% travel).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the FAA and other regulations related to aircraft certification.
3. Demonstrates an understanding of how to engineer various aspects associated with aircraft completions with business or private aircraft or equivalent.
4. Possess a high level attention to detail and time management skills.
5. Must be able to properly utilize materials, reference guides and other resources.
6. Ability to communicate openly, proactively, professionally, and effectively.
7. Strong communication, reasoning/analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
Job Ident #: