Together we fly
Our aircraft are industry leaders and so are our people. We're looking for talented, motivated individuals who are ready to do innovative work, and we offer exciting career opportunities worldwide.
The ideal candidate will possess the qualifications below:
1. Required Design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
2. Examples of experiences should include, but are not limited to:
-Custom Cabinetry (galleys, lavatories, vanities, closets, storage compartments)
-Interior peripheries (cabin liners, window panels, passenger service units (PSUs), dado panels, and side ledges)
-Miscellaneous (water/waste systems, oxygen systems, seating)
3. Ability to design and build models and prints demonstrating a complete understanding of construction methodologies required for component parts and assemblies to an end item level.
4. Must understand and demonstrate knowledge of the product development process from concept to production and through sustaining.
5. Ability to design installations for the aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight and Center of Gravity Analysis.
6. Experience with Part 25 aircraft and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
7. Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5 or AutoCAD interconnected with SmarTeam.
8. Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
9. Makes technical decisions and provides recommendations
10. Acts independently to determine improved methods to optimize technical product, cost, and schedule requirements
11. Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost, and schedule.
5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality and effectiveness of company products.
Perform other duties as assigned.