Crew & Equipment / Doors Engineer - Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services. Combined Engineering team responsible for Crew & Equipment and Doors & Mechanisms across all programs including New Product Development, the current Large Cabin fleet, and Special Missions. This position is targeted at New Product Development. An Engineer on this team will be responsible for a variety of tasks developing and certifying designs within these disciplines.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost, and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 years in specific technical discipline or 15 years broad Eng. experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 years for master’s and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
- Design at an aircraft OEM
- Catia V5 and SmarTeam
- Scoping and executing designs from layout development through detailed release
- Secondary structure including racks, trays, shelves, and bracketry
- Electrical equipment installations
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)