ST Engineering, through its FAA ODA, certifies modifications to aircraft. The Certification Engineer has an integral role in the cross-functional team and will be responsible for supporting the entire certification process, which includes defining requirements, executing programs, communicating and coordinating compliance with engineering representatives internal and external.
- Identifies certification basis, researches and identifies required regulations, develops certification strategy to show compliance to these requisite regulations and documents compliance findings after the project.
- Monitors project progress to ensure the design and analysis activities support the certification approach/strategy.
- Develop airworthiness certification plans following acceptable or approved aerospace standards or FAA policies.
- Showing and finding compliance, compliance matrix, project specific certification plans, overall development of certification plans and timelines, and maintaining open and positive communication between the ODA, OMT, the applicant, and the designees.
- Develop certification, analysis, and test plans to address engineering, conformity, ground, and flight test.
- Define certification processes and procedures together with the ODA to verify compliance with the ODA procedures manual Planning and executing STC projects per a PSCP as a Project Lead working with the ODA, customer, and internal functional organizations such as Engineering, Program Management, Sales, etc., to complete the project per customer commitments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years industry experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Understanding of the principles of aircraft design, structural analysis methods, processes and deliverables.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with good interpersonal skills and work in a multi-tasking environment with both internal and external customers with minimal direction.
- Must be able to communicate requirements, formulate an approach and effectively work with all parties involved to reach a workable solution within the framework of the related regulatory requirements to achieve a common goal.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and priorities.
- Support/execute any other projects as directed by the certification manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 21 and foreign validation procedures is preferred .
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 23 or Part 25 regulations is preferred.
- Attention to detail, integrity, professionalism, sound judgment, and a cooperative attitude are required. Interest in continued learning and sharing information .
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and OEM Technical publications of various aircraft modifications and identify design changes required to maintain regulatory compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically in writing and verbally throughout the organization and with regulatory authorities.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- May be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- May be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Moderate travel may be required to support various industry, customer, or regulatory authority meetings.
- The incumbent normally performs the duty assignment at his or her discretion and is limited only by policies set by administrative or legislative authority.
- Total end results determine the effectiveness of job performance.
- A strong level on interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship among employees, various departments, management and the public.
- Essential responsibilities are performed in a climate controlled office but not limited to the office.
- Must be able to cope with stress and mental exhaustion due to the pressures of accomplishing set goals, meeting short deadlines, maintaining numerous projects simultaneously, employee confrontations and long work hours.