EHS Engineer - Orlando, FL
Textron Aviation •
This role will be responsible for the Outlying Service Centers and will travel to support the various locations regarding Environmental Health and Safety. Design, advise and assist with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs and policies while interacting with employees of Textron Aviation.
- Design and assist with implementation of general safety and environmental policies and procedures to be followed in compliance with corporate policies and local, state, and federal EPA and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Attend Textron Corporate/Textron Aviation EHS meetings/seminars to stay abreast of policies and procedures and transmits this information to leadership.
- Research and find solutions for safety upgrades and challenges for environmental and health and safety issues.
- Assist/lead multifunctional teams in implementing EHS practices throughout the organization to build a positive culture.
- Respond to EHS concerns presented by management, supervision, and employees, and communicate possible solutions based on best practice principles.
- Assist with incident investigations on injuries or illnesses and provide recommendations to prevent recurrences, using the root cause analysis method.
- Provide positive coaching to employees including developing and conducting effective safety training.
- Provide technical knowledge and support on Environmental, Health and Safety issues
- Participate in community or industry EHS groups and programs.
- Perform other related duties as required by supervisor.
- Maintain and promote Textron/OSHA/EPA/DOT policies:
- Oversee Industrial Hygiene programs
- Guide/communicate with external contactor activities related to IH programs
- Assist Textron Aviation in compliance with federal, state and local environmental laws.
- Maintain all EHS related permits.
- Write environmental reports regarding water, air, and hazardous waste.
- Coordinate shipments of hazardous wastes according to legal standards.
- Submit injury information in corporate database.
- Participate in the research, development and presentation of a variety of training programs.
- Participate in the development and compiling of training manuals and other training aids, and obtain equipment, training videos, and other materials for instructional purposes.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in:
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Health Services Management
- Medical Administration
- Other related fields
- Relevant experience would include: Environmental Compliance, Safety, Health Management, Engineering, Workers Compensation Management and Leadership.
- Level will be based on relevant experience, scope of role, and manager’s discretion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Quickly grasps new concepts when faced with unfamiliar tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficient
- Builds and maintains constructive relationships
- Travel will be required, up to 50% of the time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)