Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Hot Section Engineering Support to Operations (HSE ESTO) is seeking a goal oriented, detail-focused Design Engineer to work for our Turbine Airfoil Casting Team (TACT). The TACT supports P&Ws Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) facility in East Hartford, CT, with the mission to manage airfoil casting suppliers and ensure 100 on-time delivery. In this role, you will be involved with various production support activities related to military and commercial airfoil castings.
This will be a Hybrid Position.
- Execute and drive to closure all TACT engineering tasks as part of the HSE ESTO team.
- Facilitate and track airfoil casting tooling qualification activities, including PW-QA-6078 / 56C engineering assessments.
- Identify process improvements to ensure on-time delivery of turbine airfoil castings.
- Plan and manage corrective action activities that drive QN and cost reduction.
- Develop Class II engineering change packages to improve quality, cost and producibility metrics.
- Incorporate Pro-Cert methodology and data driven decision making into Class II process.
- Lead Cost of Poor-Quality initiatives and producibility improvement tasks.
- Identify areas of waste within production support process. Continue to challenge current process and procedures to identify areas for improvement.
- Eliminate repeat analysis through proactively addressing repeat QNs.
- Capture ESTO producibility lessons learned. Drive continuous improvement into product development cycle.
- Become Subject Matter Expert (SME) for applicable part families and engine hardware.
- Prepare and present status and technical content to CIPT, HSE/ESTO management and Program management.
- Work closely with suppliers, quality, procurement, and engineering discipline SMEs to drive root cause investigations, develop associated corrective actions, and implement product and process improvements.
- Lead multidiscipline teams to address various production improvement opportunities.
- Opportunity to grow communication and leadership skills through: Driving QN workflow with outsource teams, Managing outsource technical quality, and Growing outsource technical proficiency.
- Increase visibility within CIPTs by being main point of contact for all QN activity.
- Grow technical proficiency by supporting 502 and 701 task closure –goal to become CIPT Delegate Approver for applicable hardware part family(ies)
- Support rapid closure of SDO/FPN investigations.
- Establish best practices for defect assessment and defining “Right-size Analysis” through risk-based decision-making process.
- Coordinate evaluation and response to supplier requests for information (eSRI).
- Support engineering related efforts to meet shop and supplier MRP requirements.