Engineer Electrical Systems
The Engineer Electrical Systems provides intermediate level engineering drawings related to electrical systems and components in support of VIP aircraft completions.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide intermediate level engineering design and analysis of electrical systems and components.
2. Prepare intermediate level electrical system reports, Engineering Authorizations (EAs), drawings, analysis, and test plans.
3. Develop intermediate level electrical system modifications and installation work instructions, procedures and recommendations.
4. Develop cabin electrical modification/installation work instructions, procedures and recommendations.
5. Work within engineering team to delegate and assign sections of design elements to appropriate team members.
6. Provide analysis and reports to substantiate that designs meet applicable criteria outlined in CFRs both foreign and domestic.
7. Identifies discrepancies and/or problems with drawings before releasing to production and implements corrective action to ensure the timely release.
8. Provides intermediate level technical support and engineering disposition to resolve aircraft engineering/electrical systems problems.
9. Using company procedures, applies intermediate level engineering knowledge to resolve moderate to complex issues.
10. Develops and implements engineering modifications and retrofits to completions in progress.
11. Maintains intermediate level awareness of both foreign and domestic regulations and required compliance including FARs, ADs, and SBs.
12. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion aircraft requirements.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Systems Engineering or comparable.
2. 2 – 4 years experience in Aviation Electrical Systems Engineering or equivalent.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient with Microsoft Visio.
2. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
3. Knowledge of MS Databases (SQL or Microsoft Access) preferred.
4. Aviation background and experience with electrical systems.
5. Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (CFRs) governing aircraft certification preferred.
6. Strong knowledge of industry electrical systems and documentation standards.
7. Experience with electrical systems and components.
8. Requires working knowledge of applicable regulatory agency requirements and ability to discern how a design may be influenced by them.
9. Requires reasoning/analytical skills to creatively design and problem solve.
10. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
11. Strong time-management and organizational skills.
Job Ident #: