Engineer, Flight Test Instrumentation
Textron Aviation •
Responsible for creating Instrumentation DAS (data acquisition system) definition to acquire real time data on flying test articles. This position is accountable for providing development and certification data to all engineering departments in support of new product development and certification, product problem investigations, and in support of the fleet sustaining effort.
- Responsible for the implementation of the FTIR (flight test instrumentation request) from request to data delivery.
- Acts as a liaison and represents Instrumentation to aircraft systems engineers, Flight Test, customers, suppliers, and Instrumentation group team members.
- Plans and provides guidance for the design, procurement, fabrication, installation, calibration, operation, and troubleshooting of data acquisition systems.
- Manage aircraft Instrumentation configuration prior to and during testing to assure data integrity.
- Actively develops improvements in standard practices to ensure traceability of acquired data and quality of the data delivered to engineering.
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring for Instrumentation technicians.
- Candidate will work independently and be responsible for good decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering or other relative field
- Experience in instrumentation or relative field is preferred.
- Broad theoretical training and fundamental skills for troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical aircraft systems.
- Knowledge of PCM (pulse coded modulation) encoders and signal conditioning.
- Knowledge of airborne data acquisition systems, transducer applications, calibration techniques, and ability to interface with aircraft systems.
- Ability to utilize computers to create and modify data acquisition software.
- Ability to deal with change and work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Professional demeanor and organizational skills.
- Must have positive attitude and outstanding integrity
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)