Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Global Services Engineering (GSE) is looking for an Engineer/Senior Design Engineer for Airfoil Repair. This position involves developing market-differentiating innovative repair schemes leading to sales growth within P&W’s Global Repair Services network. This position provides a great opportunity to have a tangible effect on P&W’s aftermarket business and impact on P&W’s airline customers. This position requires a good understanding of engine operation and system knowledge, as well as solid knowledge of turbine and/or compressor airfoil part design.
- Collaborate with CIPT and engineering disciplines (structures, durability, aero, design met, DER) to establish validation requirements.
- Collaborate with the Program repair teams on new repair designs-Interface with P&W turbine airfoil and compressor airfoil repair units located in Singapore and Texas to meet customer needs.
- Support OCE Legacy program initiatives requiring repair discipline expertise-Serve as Technical Lead on quality and fleet-wide investigations.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team.
- Analyze airfoil operating trends and develop innovative repair strategies.
- Utilize modeling tools to understand critical airfoil characteristics.