At Bell, thinking above and beyond is what we do best. For more than 80 years, we’ve been reimagining the experience of flight – and where it can take us.
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to certify a commercial helicopter. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. And today, we’re defining the future of on
A Day in the Life of a Commercial Developmental Software Engineer
Software Engineers participate in the development of cutting-edge vertical lift systems in autonomy, urban air taxi, and fly-by-wire systems. These opportunities include, but are not limited to:
Responsibilities May Include:
- Design and test of Flight Control System (FCS) and Avionics System with embedded DO-178 software and complex hardware, including DO-254.
- System and software design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing, and documentation for system and software requirements in a laboratory or desktop simulation environment, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification.
- Perform formal software development through design for requirements and requirements verification with C/Ccode and MathWorks toolsets
- Develop and update requirements and verification traceability
- Conduct software integration and testing on target hardware
- Develop, implement, document, and review Low-Level Test (LLT) and High-Level Test (HLT) software cases and expected results
- Perform LLT and HLT execution on desktop environment and target electronic hardware in a lab environment
- Participation in development of subsystems architecture, redundancy management, electronic hardware design and integration, and actuator design and integration