Flight Test Engineer
The Aviation Maintenance and Integration (AMI) Division of Leidos has an opening for a Flight Test Engineer to provide onsite and remote support for multiple manned aircraft surveillance platforms. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress. In this fast-paced environment, you will participate in test activities throughout the development life cycle of mission system development across multiple types of computer systems, networks, and sensors on airborne platforms.
- Provide full life cycle support to mission systems to include: research, development, design, testing, and modification of mission equipment and ground stations with focus on test phase of the program.
- Plans, coordinates, manages, and executes full spectrum flight tests on fixed wing aircraft.
- Prepare for flight tests by a review of applicable requirements and specification documentation.
- Develop flight test plans with mission relatable, requirements traceable, and intuitively testable metrics along with a scope and method to evaluate systems.
- Coordinate cross team, subcontractor, and customer personnel (pilots, sensor operators, data analysts, test observers, etc.) to support test execution.
- Execute flight test events.
- Provide on-site test management, data collection, briefing, debriefing, and configuration control.
- As required, fly and/or operate test systems and/or instrumentation during test events.
- Analyze test data and produce test reports that provide results, supporting data, conclusions, and recommendations based on the system’s intended mission, stated requirements, and applicable specifications.
- Record system deficiencies or “squawks” discovered in the flight test program and monitor efforts toward correction.
- Support customer acceptance test procedures.
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECRET CLEARANCE.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS FAA CLASS 2 FLIGHT PHYSICAL.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited institution and minimum of eight (8) years of related flight test experience; degree can be substituted with minimum total of twelve (12) years of flight test experience.
- Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support flight tests and have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Diverse test engineering experience with a variety of electronic or mechanical systems as well as experience working in an agile and fast paced environment.
- Organizational skills (scheduling, documentation, etc.)
- Comfortable in the presentation of preflight mission briefings as well as program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Strong written and verbal communication along with interpersonal skills for collaborating and communicating with team members, supervisors and customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Aviation experience.
- Operational experience with military avionics, to include but not limited to, communication, navigation, EO-IR, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability equipment.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, requirements tracking, testing, and validation.
- Experience with airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technologies.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)