Manages, monitors and maintains all related Information Security systems. Reviews, recommends, configures and implements Information Security solutions for the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs complex daily administration of information security hardware and software such as intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, firewalls, encryption, anti-virus, log reviews and other software or appliances.
- Handles escalated security issues.
- Identifies, highlights, and provides security recommendations during requirement and design reviews.
- Maintains the security infrastructure by employing best industry practices.
- Performs tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security systems.
- Analyzes information security threats, requests and audit findings. Develops solutions to resolve issues and/or findings.
- Partners with end-users to understand and adhere to information security policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with external vendors and partners as necessary to resolve issues/incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Specialty training beyond high school in Information Technology, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years related information security and/or IT networking experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) in Information Technology.
- At least 7 years related Information Security and/or IT networking experience.
- Certification in GSEC, CCNA/NP/DA, Any SANS Certification and/or CISSP.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10 of the time, including overnight stays.