Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: The Lab Test mechanical engineering team applies mechanical design practices to develop world class lab facilities for testing aircraft systems on-ground. Our engineers are responsible for transforming testing requests and directives into representative lab fixtures to allow for development, certification, and troubleshooting of integrated aircraft systems. Laboratories include, but not limited to, testing of aircraft flight controls, landing gears, electronic control systems, environmental control system, sensors, lights, and interiors.
- Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline .
- Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones .
- Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity .
- Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments .
- Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy .
- Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures .
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise .
Perform other duties as assigned.