Lead Engineer - Thermal
GE Aviation •
As a Lead Engineer - Thermal, you will:
- Develop and execute with guidance the analysis, design, test and integration of novel augmentor & exhaust system thermal design concepts to meet the needs of our customers.
- Implement lean standard practices applicable to thermal design for exhaust systems.
- Recommend productivity improvement strategies to exhaust systems thermal designs.
- Ensure proper documentation in a timely manner following all engineering policies and procedures.
- Monitor and communicate project status updates to relevant leadership team members.
- Present or review key technical review presentations to ensure engineering excellence.
- Actively participate and support various technical community meetings & activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or closely related field of Engineering.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant thermal design experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active US Government security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering related to heat transfer or fluid mechanics preferred
- Prior experience in the fundamentals of heat transfer and compressible flows.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
- Experience with fluid flow & heat transfer analytical software.
- Effective in contributing in a structured, cross functional teamwork environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fundamental understanding of augmentors and exhaust nozzle system design.
- Familiarity with exhaust thermal & IR design tools.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional InformationGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)