AAR Corporation has career opportunities for aviation professionals with DHC-8 experience to support our Worldwide Aviation Support Services (WASS) program in an OCONUS, austere, undisclosed location. Qualified candidates must be US Citizens able to obtain a security clearance (preference for cleared candidates). Work is estimated to begin in January 2022.
Responsible for accomplishing all required Load Master (non-rated crew member) duties in accordance with policies and procedures. Perform duties under the supervision of the Pilot-Command to include but are not limited to, aircraft configuration changes to support alternate missions, aircraft cargo, personnel loading and unloading operations and passenger safety briefings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform non-rated crewmember duties in accordance with aircrew training program requirements.
- Plan and perform airdrop operations.
- Plan and perform loading and unloading activities, compute the center-of-gravity position and ensure it is within prescribed limits at all times.
- Ensure the cargo compartment is properly configured for each mission.
- Verify and maintain a manifest for cargo and/or personnel.
- Supervise and participate in loading/unloading operations.
- Ensure cargo and passengers are properly restrained.
- Confirm security of cargo and passengers as necessary.
- Supervise passengers during routine and emergency operations.
- Report any malfunction, maintenance or safety concern to the Pilot-in-Command.
- Perform emergency procedure actions as required by applicable directives and/or the Pilot-in-Command.
- Perform aircraft servicing duties including fueling operations, aircraft configuration changes as required.
- Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Perform routine OCONUS travel and within CONUS travel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This role requires the employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
- High School Diploma or GED.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics License.
- Current FAA Class III Medical Certificate. - AOCF 1A, 2X1 Aircraft Loadmaster AFSC series or other military/commercial equivalent.
- Minimum of 650 flight hours as a FW Loadmaster or Flight Engineer.
- One (1) year full field service within the last three (3) years.
- Minimum three (3) years load master and mechanic experience on multi-engine fixed wing aircraft.
- Minimum of one (1) year loadmaster experience on multi-engine fixed wing aircraft required.
- Full-time as a load master and A&P mechanic for the past 12 months.
- Prior load master experience with Pratt & Whitney PT-6 engines and Hamilton Standard propeller systems.
- Aircraft Loadmaster AFSC series or other military/commercial equivalent preferred but not required.