At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Company is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Mission Control System (MCS) team that is located in Hazelwood, Mo. The team is looking for enthusiastic software engineers who are interested in a rewarding but challenging opportunity to develop software on the cutting edge of Autonomous aircraft.
The MCS team’s objective is to develop a suite of software which integrates the ability to control the MQ-25 into the Navy’s aircraft carrier fleet. This Air System Unique Software Services (ASUSS) is the collection of software that allows the Air Vehicle Operators to control and manipulate the MQ-25. From carrier take-off and landing, to refueling thirsty Super Hornets and keeping an eye out for bad guys using Electro-optical and Infrared Sensors, ASUSS gives the AVO the control they need.
Come be a part of the MQ-25 team!
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Supports software project management and software supplier management functions
- Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics
- Performs software research and trade studies
- Troubleshoots software issues
- Works under general supervision
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain a DoD Secret US Security Clearance (Post-Start).
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret US Security Clearance (Post-Start)
- Experience programming in an Object Oriented programing language
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows development
- Experience in Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset
- Service Oriented Software development
- Experience in development of software for virtual machines
- Experience in Open Architecture standards (e.g. OMS, UCI, NIOP, UCI)
- Experience in Display (HCI/HMI/PVI) Development
- Experience with software integration & deployments, customer/user interaction
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Command and Control or Mission Management for Mission Control Systems / Ground Control Stations
- Experience with Requirements and Use Case development using MBSE Tools (Rhapsody, DOORS)
- Prior experience with UCI/OMS, unmanned mission systems, and/or ground control systems software development highly desired but not required for this position
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 years related work experience, etc.)
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.