At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Company is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Mission Control System (MCS) team that is located in Hazelwood, Mo. The team is looking for enthusiastic software engineers who are interested in a rewarding but challenging opportunity to develop software on the cutting edge of Autonomous aircraft.
The MCS team’s objective is to develop a suite of software which integrates the ability to control the MQ-25 into the Navy’s aircraft carrier fleet. This Air System Unique Software Services (ASUSS) is the collection of software that allows the Air Vehicle Operators to control and manipulate the MQ-25. From carrier take-off and landing, to refueling thirsty Super Hornets and keeping an eye out for bad guys using Electro-optical and Infrared Sensors, ASUSS gives the AVO the control they need.
Come be a part of the MQ-25 team!
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and participate in software requirements development
- Develop software services in C++ and Java
- Develop and execute unit and integration testing
- Lead and participate in peer reviews
- Analyze problem reports and develop corrections for delivered products
- Support system test, aircraft delivery, and ground and flight-based test events
- Participate in working group meetings with members of other MQ-25 teams
- Participate and present at internal and external customer meetings
- Participate in MQ-25 software process development and improvements
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain a DoD Secret US Security Clearance (Post-Start.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret US Security Clearance (Post-Start)
- 3+ years of experience programming in an Object Oriented programing language
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows development - any
- Experience in Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset
- Service Oriented Software development
- Experience in development of software for virtual machines
- Experience in Open Architecture standards (e.g. OMS, UCI, NIOP, UCI)
- Experience in Display (HCI/HMI/PVI) Development
- Experience with software integration & deployments, customer/user interaction
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Command and Control or Mission Management for Mission Control Systems / Ground Control Stations
- Experience with Requirements and Use Case development using MBSE Tools (Rhapsody, DOORS)
- Prior experience with unmanned mission systems, and/or ground control systems software development highly desired but not required for this position
- Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.