Manager Mechanical Engineering- Englewood, CO (United Rotorcraft)
Air Methods Corporation •
Manage and oversee the Mechanical design and integration of various FAA and DOD systems to meet all QCD metrics, with emphasis on “First-Time” right and on time. Responsible for estimating the headcount requirements and supporting estimating activity for new programs/projects. Responsible for defining and supporting continuous improvement / lean methodology and initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Additional Job Requirements
- Overall management of the entire Mechanical design activity to deliver on all QCD metrics
- Responsible for all design, analysis, drafting and documenting for United Rotorcraft product lines
- Define and develop functional resource requirements, including staffing and communicate with engineering team and management. This includes software and computer requirements.
- Coordinate functional budget development, tracking, and delivery with the Director of Engineering
- Coordinate functional certification and qualification activity with Certification and Quality Assurance Departments
- Responsible for design produce-ability and support manufacturing as required
- Assist engineering Product Support members for aircraft repairs and modifications as required.
- Develop department procedures and processes for Mechanical design, analysis, configuration control and other department requirements
- Provide functional technical input into and assists with preparation of proposals, and product development
- Other duties as assigned.
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 0
Directly supervises employees in the Engineering department. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Engineering from four-year college or university; and seven or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years previous experience in modifications of aircraft
- 2-3 years previous supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand business situations, strategies, theory, processes, management, budgeting and operations
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Hiring Salary Range: $108,00.00- $137,500.00
- Bonus/Commission Eligible: Yes
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)