Manager, System Engineering
Amazon Prime Air •
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to customers, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
Prime Air is seeking an experienced Manager of System Engineering who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively.
This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch System Engineers and able to effectively collaborate across research, engineering, and software teams. We’re looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take “no” for an answer. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with hardware/software integration and real time communication systems
- Strong Mathematical/Statistical fundamentals
- 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems·
- Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Sciences, or related field
- Experience engineering and building model-base systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and livesite operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)