At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK currently employs over 1,400 people in the UK and is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
This post is for a Manufacturing Engineer to work within the Engineering Function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) to support new business development as well as existing programs. The role will report to the Production Engineering Manager. This is a full-time role based at either Yeovil or Bristol with some hybrid working options.
Key Tasks include:
- Development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies.
- Participates as a member and leader of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the integration of technical solutions.
- Works with others to develop, identify and implement conceptual designs and maintenance of the program architecture for build.
- Assists in creation and implementing manufacturing plans.
- Resolves technical problems and assists in the implementation of new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts.
- Assists in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies.
- Interfaces with professional associations, suppliers, IPTs and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge and experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Currently possess a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, problem solving and improvement projects.
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering workforce and mechanics on the factory floor.
- Experience in assembly integration and test of components, assemblies and systems
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing
- Experience in Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) operations and environment
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Experience with ERP/MRP tools such as SAP, GoldESP MRO
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.