Operations Engineer II - Savannah
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Position Type: Contractor
- Aviation industry experience preferred.
- Experience with aerospace paint application desired,
- Preferred candidate will be a highly energetic, engineering professional looking for practical experience to increase factory efficiency and production throughput.
Work/Lead independently to prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for operations process optimization and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) for a specific production process (including production sequence/flow, tooling and production equipment, layout, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning).
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- For manufacturing process to which individual is assigned: provide and maintain detailed work instructions, drive quality improvements, efficiency improvements, material presentation enhancements, manage the daily work plan, provide metrics for quality and schedule performance, and coordinate engineering and tooling changes as required. to meet Operations goals.
- Perform RCCA analysis on quality defects ¿ average mechanic should be able to perform task first time with no rejections.
- Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Define equipment/tooling needs and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components) to optimize production process.
- Generate make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility improvements.
- Perform producibility studies from engineering drawings to identify opportunities to enhance manufacturing ability to meet requirements. Participate in Design for Manufacturing assessments with Engineering.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future Manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
- Keep current on state-of-the-art manufacturing developments.
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
- Develop business case and present to management for process improvement approval.
- Provide training to OE I as required. in work methods and procedures and in the efficient and effective use of company resources to resolve work-related or quality problems.
- Independently lead/coordinate the implementation of projects among multiple organizations.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
- Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 18 months Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
- Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles and processes.
- Ability to influence across functional disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CATIA, etc.
- Lean Specialist certification or higher preferred.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)