Power Electronics Embedded Software Development Engineer
GE Aviation •
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams (systems, firmware, software, hardware, testing and mechanical engineering)
- Develop embedded systems for digitally controlled large power conversion systems
- Design and implement the control algorithms using hardware and software techniques
- Work with software and controls engineers to manage model and code interface.
- Work on software integration and on-platform validation of algorithms.
- Follow standard work processes to achieve project milestones and objectives.
- Generate and manage the requirement flow using requirement management tools.
- Provide detailed algorithm specifications and documentation
- Plan, schedule, track and coordinate tasks within team planning meetings.
- Comply with all applicable regulatory requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded firmware and software development
- Master's Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of software engineering experience with a high degree of focus on real-time embedded systems for avionics or military applications
- Knowledge of algorithm development and control design.
- Experience programming DSP and MCU (C/C++, Assembler)
- Experience with CAN (J1939) protocol and CANalyzer software tool
- Experience with a DO-178 software development program
- Experience designing and debugging software for high performance digital controller for large power supplies or frequency converters
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design, including micro-processors and other programmable devices
- Previous experience within the field of power electronics controls and applications, with a focus on avionics or military applications
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to U.S. export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of U.S. person status prior to employment.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional InformationGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)