Powerplant Integration Engineer II - Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline 2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones 3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity 4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments 5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy 6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise
Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience in aircraft powerplant integration or aircraft systems engineering is desired
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. 18 months of related Engineering experience. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for the Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position.
Other Requirements: 1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.
$55.00 Hour ST-$82.50 Hour OT
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)