Principal Software Engineers: 36884
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Principal Software Engineers in Hagerstown, Maryland.Work for our premier client, who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including; Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2020 & 2021 Worlds Most Ethical Companies.
As a Principal Software Engineer at JLG youll be working on industry leading technology by providing design and integration support for vehicle control/embedded systems development. In this role youll be asked to execute a vehicle control/embedded system project plan, and write C, and C++ applications for embedded systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support supervisor, suppliers, engineering specialists, and other departments to execute job assignments consisting of meeting specification and performing calculations, analysis, and material and component selection
- Responsible for quality conscious design including cost, weight, reliability, and ease of manufacturing.
- Provide production support
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, or production build
- Participate in cost studies, project time estimation, and technical proposals
- Utilize various state-of-the-art engineering tools, i.e., a personal computer (PC) or (CAD) equipment, in assigned projects as applicable
- Process engineering information through change notices, change proposals, and the creation of thorough part print documentation. Respond to continuous Improvement Request forms
- Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks and control them within acceptable levels
- Direct support of suppliers and test programs to include travel to off-site locations as necessary to accomplish assigned engineering programs
- Be able to obtain a commercial drive’s license if requires to accomplish assigned projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, or Computer Technology (Programming)
- 5-plus years related experience
- Ability to read, comprehend and develop electrical schematics
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)