To analyze product designs of parts and assemblies to determine the manufacturability of components, assemblies, and tooling and/or provides technical guidance in the solution of manufacturing customer related difficulties or improvements. Conducts methods and systems studies to improve effectiveness in manufacturing support areas. Researches, improves and cost justifies manufacturing techniques, processes, and procedures to reduce costs while maintaining schedules and improving the product.
- Collaborates with Engineering on desired production tooling and build-plan methodology and gives input/feedback on associated design criteria; analyzes engineering design to determine manufacturability of components and assemblies
- Determines manufacturing processes, tooling methodology, discrete manufacturing operations and associated time standards to be used to produce new parts/assemblies from detail component fabrication thru job-level installation; authors and maintains process plans for shop floor methods/work instructions
- Develops learning curve and actual hour projections for new program production incorporation; analyzes actual performance and makes necessary process improvement recommendations
- Creates Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM) to break engineering product structure into logical manufacturing methodology and sequence to enable MRP processes for order release, scheduling, and purchased component sourcing activities
- Provides technical guidance to initiate and drive Root Cause / Corrective Action (RCCA) on production issues related to engineering design, material, tooling, specifications, and processes
- Analyzes/Interprets engineering drawing, manufacturing operation sequence, tooling function, and process specifications and issues engineering change requests (ECR) to improve or eliminate manufacturing issues in sustaining production operations
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding production facility arrangements for improvements to production capacity, manufacturing flow, new model incorporation, and strategic work transitions; maintains current production area layouts and equipment locations per defined process standards
- Works with cross-functional personnel to analyze and solve production flow issues stemming from sequence of work, balance of tasks, tooling/equipment constraints, and manpower allocation/training
- Identifies, justifies, and implements new technology and manufacturing techniques to improve safety/ergonomics, reduce manufacturing cost (labor, material, inventory, scrap), and improve product/process quality
- Gathers, analyzes, and summarizes production process data for their use in valuing and prioritizing process continuous improvement opportunities; utilizes Lean/CI methodologies to lead, implement, and track improvements and to conduct check and adjust activities to verify sustainment
Take your career higher at Textron Aviation.
• Competitive starting salaries with growth potential
• Health benefits beginning day one
• Tuition assistance and continuing education programs
• 12-paid holidays a year
• Paid parental leave options
A new career awaits.