At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK currently employs over 1,400 people in the UK and is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
This post is for a Product Review Engineer to work within the Engineering Function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) to support the E7 program. The role will report to the Production Engineering Manager
The successful candidate will be trained to hold a Material Review Board (MRB) authorisation certification for the applicable platform and will conduct root cause analysis, develop dispositions for identified non-conformances (NCRs) and identify/support improvements to processes and procedures. Additionally they will identify, document, and communication deviations that could impact the design intent/safety and coordinate with the Design organization as required to resolve emergent airworthiness issues and concerns.
In this role the successful candidate will support the product repair and overhaul lines by providing procedures, authorized repair advice and associated technical data to address engineering clarification questions or concerns. They will, apply knowledge of engineering, maintenance and design processes and data that are necessary for defining optimized component recovery techniques to include; utilizing design definitions, program directives, engineering drawings, schematics, functional tests or supplier data.
Key Tasks include:
- Apply Boeing design engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that arise and design interim and final engineering solutions
- Applies knowledge of Boeing design and/or engineering principles to develop interim or final engineering solutions to product/process issues throughout production and/or for technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer
- Analyze, conduct failure analysis, root cause analysis and troubleshoot to understand root cause. Provide assistance and engineering support to identify solutions. Provide written dispositions for design non-conformances. Support activities to identify deviations that could impact design intent and safety and product/process improvements
- Develop customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment
- Develop and implement product/process improvements
- Participate in Material Review Boards and supports Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as providing technical input to design and in-service reviews
- Represent the engineering community in the post production environment
- Ensure supplier and build partner comply with Boeing standards & processes. Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment
- Participate in on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support team
- Analyze damage repair or structural modification to determine appropriate jacking and shoring, prevent collateral damage and assure a safe work environment
- Design interim structural repairs and conducts static strength analysis
- Develop non-destructive test procedures, tools and standards
- Conduct simple static strength analysis
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, processes and standards
- Work independently and determine and develop approaches to solutions. Receive general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Engineering degree typically acquired through an accredited course of study
- Chartership registered with an appropriate engineering council or ability to work towards registration.
- Knowledge of Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) Regulatory Articles (RAs), specifically
- Prior experience in the field of helicopter and aircraft fleet maintenance is desirable
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, problem solving and improvement projects.
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering workforce and mechanics on the factory floor.
- Experience in assembly integration and test of components, assemblies and systems
- Experience in Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) operations and environment
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.